The listener will learn the basics of Georgian language on B1+ level according to "Common European Framework of Reference for Language Learning, Teaching and Assessment" and be able to:
- Verbally communicate in Georgian about everyday and professional topics;
- Read and discuss information in Georgian;
- Write correspondence regarding professional topics;
- Practical use of the state language in communicating matters related to the profession.
After finishing the course, listener will be able to:
- Prepare official documentation;
- Correctly recognize the meaning of terms regarding their activity/profession;
- Correctly understand heard information related to their profession/activity;
- Correctly perceive informative texts and correspondence related to profession;
- Correctly use learnt language constructs, cliches, terms related to profession while talking;
- Prepare a presentation regarding their profession/activity;
- Provide information based on prior training by translating, summarizing, or interpreting the content of the text related to the profession.
The course is based on the following scheme:
- 12 weeks - 6 hours a week;
- 10 weeks - 8 hours a week;
- 8 weeks - 10 hours a week;
The number of contact hours is 82 astronomical hours.
1. Attendance (10 points)
2. Points accumulated during the lessons by practical exercises (25 points)
3. Mid-term exams (2) (25-25 points)
4. Final exam (40 points)
The threshold for the listener to successfully finish the course is 70 points, provided that final test score is no less than 25 points.